Expression of Interest - Traffic and Transport Engineer
- Fixed Term 6 month position
- Full Time
- Salary Band 7 plus superannuation
Our Infrastructure Services team are looking for a Traffic and Transport Engineer to join their team for a fixed term period. The successful incumbent will be an experienced professional with specialist skills and sound knowledge in developing high quality Strategies and Policies, preparing technical reports and providing advice relevant to traffic, road safety, road network planning and relevant transport related issues.
What will you do?
- lead the provision and development of high quality Strategies and Policies relevant to traffic, road safety, road network planning and related transport issues and interface with relevant internal and external stakeholders, providing input into the development of Transport Strategies.
- prepare reports on traffic and relevant transport issues from a road network planning and safety perspective, as they relate to the municipality, including assess and develop comprehensive responses to relevant State and Federal Government policies, strategies and initiatives.
- supervise specialist consultants engaged to deliver selected projects and manage project deliverables, quality, cost and time.
- represent Council, as required, on reference panels, committees and forums to provide technical advice and present on matters relating to road network planning, transport issues and safety.
- deliver allocated Council Plan Action items, advocate and prepare bids and submissions for grants, road funding and subsidies for various relevant technical programs and services.
- embed the customer charter by putting the customer at the centre of service delivery.
The ideal candidate will have:
- tertiary qualified in engineering or other relevant field.
- a professional with specialist skills, knowledge and sound experience in developing and reviewing strategies, preparing technical reports and advice.
- an experienced people leader who is able to develop and deliver against set objectives and budgets and drive safety focus through all programs and projects.
- experienced in leading programs or projects in a collaborative manner which impact both internal and external stakeholders.
If you have any questions about the position please Subash Nanoo, Coordinator Traffic and Development on 9846 0527. For all other enquiries contact the HR Officer on 9840 9436 or email email@example.com
Your application for this position should be addressed to Subash Nanoo and can be submitted via the form below.
Applications close at 5pm on Monday 14 January 2019.